GROUND IMPROVEMENT TECHNOLOGY
“Then the ground was stabilized (by Gods) using gravels and boulders, as leather is stretched by driving nails.”
Shatapatha Brahman - 2500 BC
· As more and more construction is concentrated in densely populated urban areas, there is an increasing need to construct on unsuitable soils, which were considered unsuitable for construction, just a couple of decades ago. Construction on these soils often requires utilization of ground improvement techniques. These include in addition to traditional preloading techniques increasingly varied methods based on stiffening columns, which can be either end bearing or floating.
· Current design practices for ground improvement routinely rely on simplified one-dimensional methods, which are at best very crude and conservative (hence uneconomical), and at worst unsafe. Our design methods is includes the adoption of new ground improvement techniques and the innovative use of existing ones.
Our Specialization in Ground Improvement includes:
· Compaction of Soils
· Preloading and Installation of vertical drains
· Vibration methods.
· Grouting and injection methods
· Mechanical and chemical stabilization
· Usage of Geo-synthetics